Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

neillk

Limit on rows being returned

I'm trying to create a matrix where you can view all the customers how you sold to in month. The issue is it cuts the Matrix off after a 100 rows of data. The expand and collapse wont work as im only using customer name and my measures in the matrix. Is this going to be fixed or is this a limit of PowerBI?

7 REPLIES 7
billzhang1123
Helper II
Helper II

I created a database view with row limitation. so I did this at the data source level.

brianjsvehaug
Regular Visitor

I've struggled with this issue as well, so I look forward to hearing the resolution.

markvsql
Resolver I
Resolver I

Do you mean that you cannot expand the matrix enough to see all the data at once? Or your ability to scroll down goes away? I just created a Matrix in Desktop that has easily about 300 rows and did not have an issue. Can you post an image of what you are seeing?

Sorry for the delayed response, Here is the example, it only shows my Buyers upto C which is 100 rows. the rest gets cut off.

Capture.PNG

Hi - scrolling down in a table or matrix should continue to load more data. If you're not seeing this, it's a bug on our part so please Send a Frown so we can investigate. Attaching the PBIX file will help immensely if you can!

Well, with this defect not fixed in the latest 2.31 release, let me bump this thread.

It appears as a major bug in Power BI: data is cut off at 100 rows. 101st row, in our case, shows this error:

DataFormat.Error: OData The format 'application/atom+xml;charset=utf-8' is not supported.

Details: application/atom+xml;charset=utf-8

In Data view in Desktop you cannot see error

1.png

but in Query Editor it is shown:

2.png

Datasource type: OData feed

Datasource: Project Server reporting database

Please don’t tell that our data is corrupted – it is not. It is possible to retrieve other rows by slicing tables via

= Table.Range(#"Removed Other Columns",1200,100)

and then appending them together in a new table (very nice approach for querying DB, isn’t it?) – this way we are able to build reports.

Corresponding frown with PBIX file and screenshot was sent on Jan 11th, with no any response received so far.

====

Feedback Type:
Frown
Timestamp:
2016-01-11T15:56:21.2815289Z
Product Version:
2.30.4246.281 (PBIDesktop) (x64)

====

Waiting for this bug to be fixed ASAP.

I would recommend turning on Tracing, File | Options & Settings | Options | Diagnostics | Enable Tracing and then run a refresh. Go to support.powerbi.com, use the Contact Us link on the right (scroll down) and send them all of the information, including your trace file. This is the official manner in which to submit bugs to support to make sure that they are tracked and resolved.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.