Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

yasbos
Resolver I
Resolver I

Limit Months in x Axis to Current Month

I can't figure out why the X axis shows September, to December, when I have no data for them in my table. I should see the graph from Jan to August only. I looked in the advanced filtering, but it doesn't give me useful criteria. Any help would be appreciated.

yasbos_0-1659849201773.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Vera_33
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @yasbos 

Not sure if you generate the Calendar table by CALENDARAUTO, you can limit the Calendar to end at the Max date of your fact table if you want to. Or go to your current Calendar table, add a column like IF([Month]<=MONTH(yourFactTableMaxDate), 1,0)  -  just explaining logic, then use this column as a filter.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Vera_33
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@yasbos 

Is the Month in X axis coming from a dim Calendar table not your fact table? You can add a column there to limit it to the current month, then add as a visual level filter.

Thanks so much, @Vera_33 . Yes, indeed, it's coming from a dim table. I'm not sure, though, that I understand your solution. Thanks so much.
P.s. I'm going to sleep  now, so I probably won't see any responses until a few hours later. 

Vera_33
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @yasbos 

Not sure if you generate the Calendar table by CALENDARAUTO, you can limit the Calendar to end at the Max date of your fact table if you want to. Or go to your current Calendar table, add a column like IF([Month]<=MONTH(yourFactTableMaxDate), 1,0)  -  just explaining logic, then use this column as a filter.

Thanks @Vera_33
That works, but, you see, what is mind boggling is that everything works fine on another graph that uses this same calendar table but with another fact table!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.