Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

robofski
Resolver II
Resolver II

Last x number of quarters

I have a report that shows revenue by qtr and it works great except that the report layout means that once I get more than 14 quarters I get a scroll bar along the x axis which is a real pain as there are several charts and each one would need to be scrolled right to see the current data.

I'm trying to figure out a way to just show the current quarter (regardless of where in the quarter we are) and the previous complete 13 quarters.  The relative date slicer doesn't allow quarters and using any of the other options effectivly alters the start of the first data point and is missleading on the chart.

I'm sure there must be something I could do on my date table but I'm struggling to come up with the creative DAX required, any pointers?

Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @robofski,

To only show last 14 Quarters including current quarter on Chart, please first create a Rank list based on quarter number.

Rank = RANKX('Table','Table 2'[QuarterNo],,DESC,Dense)

Add the Rank column into visual level filters.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @robofski,

To only show last 14 Quarters including current quarter on Chart, please first create a Rank list based on quarter number.

Rank = RANKX('Table','Table 2'[QuarterNo],,DESC,Dense)

Add the Rank column into visual level filters.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.