Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Oros
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

LAST DATE

Hello,

I have a What-if parameter set to increment every 7 days. 

For example, selected is LAST 7 DAYS from today’s date (August 21-27).

Goal: If a product does not have any sales within this selected parameter, the value should be = zero (0).

Problem: However, a “last 7-day period” value still shows up based on the “LAST” sale.  If the last sale was a far back in March, the value shows the last-7 day sales in March.

Is there something missing in the formula below?  Is it a problem with the DATESINPERIOD and LASTDATE?

Thanks.

---------------------------------

Parameter = GENERATESERIES(7, 365, 7)

Parameter Value = SELECTEDVALUE('Parameter'[Parameter], 7)

----------------------------------------

RollingSum =

VAR NumDays = Parameter[Parameter Value]

VAR RollingSum =

CALCULATE(

SUM('SALES_TABLE'[Invoiced QTY]),

DATESINPERIOD('SALES_TABLE'[Postingdate], LASTDATE ('SALES_TABLE'[Postingdate]),-Parameter[Parameter Value],DAY)

)

RETURN

RollingSum

------------------------------------------

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Oros usually for time intelligence you should use a calendar table, and you can easily create one from my blog post here Create a basic Date table in your data model for Time Intelligence calculations | PeryTUS IT Solutio...

but you can change your measure like this and try

RollingSum =

VAR RollingSum =

CALCULATE(

DATESINPERIOD('SALES_TABLE'[Postingdate], TODAY(),-Parameter[Parameter Value],DAY)

)

RETURN

RollingSum

Follow us on LinkedIn

Check my latest blog post The Power of Using Calculation Groups with Inactive Relationships (Part 1) (perytus.com) I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Oros
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Hi @parry2k ,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Unfortunately it is still showing the very old 'last 7-day' sales instead of the absolute last 7-day sales from today.

Hi @parry2k ,

My mistake...your solution actually works.  Thanks a lot!!!

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Oros usually for time intelligence you should use a calendar table, and you can easily create one from my blog post here Create a basic Date table in your data model for Time Intelligence calculations | PeryTUS IT Solutio...

but you can change your measure like this and try

RollingSum =

VAR RollingSum =

CALCULATE(

DATESINPERIOD('SALES_TABLE'[Postingdate], TODAY(),-Parameter[Parameter Value],DAY)

)

RETURN

RollingSum

Follow us on LinkedIn

Check my latest blog post The Power of Using Calculation Groups with Inactive Relationships (Part 1) (perytus.com) I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.