Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

jaypatel
Helper III
Helper III

Know More about Datasets Refresh using Gateway in Power BI

Hi All, 

I want to know more about Power BI Gateway. As we can use Gateway and schedule that 8 times per day. Is there any scope to more than 8-time per day schedule in Power BI? 

Thanks,

Jay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jaypatel ,

Firstly, the 8 scheduled times limitation is related to each dataset, not gateway, if you want to have more that 8 times, here are some ways:

1.  If the dataset resides on a Premium capacity, you can schedule up to 48 refreshes per day in the dataset settings. For more information, see Configure scheduled refresh later in this article. Datasets on a Premium capacity with the XMLA endpoint enabled for read-write support unlimited refresh operations when configured programmatically with TMSL or PowerShell.

2. execute an on-demand refresh manually, it has no counts limitation.

3. use Power Automate to execute an on-demand refresh, by scheduled or trigger, it also has 8 times limitation for each dataset, but based on my test, it does not shared with sheduled refresh, so the total is 8+8=16 times each day each dataset (The RESTful API share the limitation with scheduled refresh, within shared capacity)

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jaypatel ,

Firstly, the 8 scheduled times limitation is related to each dataset, not gateway, if you want to have more that 8 times, here are some ways:

1.  If the dataset resides on a Premium capacity, you can schedule up to 48 refreshes per day in the dataset settings. For more information, see Configure scheduled refresh later in this article. Datasets on a Premium capacity with the XMLA endpoint enabled for read-write support unlimited refresh operations when configured programmatically with TMSL or PowerShell.

2. execute an on-demand refresh manually, it has no counts limitation.

3. use Power Automate to execute an on-demand refresh, by scheduled or trigger, it also has 8 times limitation for each dataset, but based on my test, it does not shared with sheduled refresh, so the total is 8+8=16 times each day each dataset (The RESTful API share the limitation with scheduled refresh, within shared capacity)

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@amitchandak 

Hi Amit, Thank you so much for the reply. I have read that and did some research on it. But I didn't find anywhere that can satisfy my question. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.