Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vpatel55
Kudo Commander
Kudo Commander

KPI visual conditional formatting on the callout value

I would like the callout value on the KPI visual (92.7% in the below case) to go green once it exceeds the 80% target value. In the older version of Power BI, this was straightforward. Following the latest update, I cannot find the conditional formatting controls for the callout value. It only gives the option to change text size.  I know it can be done because I have lots of KPI visuals and the colours update accordingly, and indeed, the below is stuck on red. The target setting are already on "higher is better". Any guidance would be much appreciated.

vpatel55_0-1652451409546.png

10 REPLIES 10
Padycosmos
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Create a measure as shown below and apply the same measure for conditional formatting of Good, Neutral and Bad

Padycosmos_0-1678576288370.png

Padycosmos_1-1678576476075.png

Padycosmos -

Thank you very much for this response and measure. This solution worked perfectly!

checkers65
Frequent Visitor

Hi -

The only way I could resolve this annoying glitch in the recent versions of Power BI desktop was to use the format painter brush to click on an existing card that correctly worked (one I had originally created with an older version of Power BI Desktop) and then applied that format to the card that was not working with the correct colors for icons. 

Of course, this interim solution, until Microsoft fixes this issue, only works as long as you had created some KPI visual cards with the correct formatting that you could then apply to new cards you create.

HTH..

mussol_
Advocate II
Advocate II

I have the same serious problem!

How can I download to previous version?

Thanks a lot!!

v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @vpatel55 ;

You can set the color in Trend axis on the KPI visual . 

vyalanwumsft_0-1652756857362.png

vyalanwumsft_1-1652756921607.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-yalanwu-msft thanks for your response, but this does not seem to work. 

I don't want a trend axis, I only want to affect the callout value. But even if I was okay with the trend axis, the logic does not work. Below it is set to show green if the value is above 0.8. The value is above 0.8, but it still shows as red.

I think that this is a bug because the colours appeared properly in the previous formatting pane. The new formatting pane broke this. The only way I can get this to work is by going back to an earlier version of Power BI, and the original colours appear.

I think that we should undo this as 'Mark as solution'.

vpatel55_0-1653496636890.png

Hi. Fwiw, EVERY time I've had this issue, it was self-inflicted by either format painting or inadvertently having the wrong field in the "What field should we base this on?" drop-down. 

vpatel55
Kudo Commander
Kudo Commander

Thanks @lbendlin will do, I'm glad I'm not the only one that is having this issue!

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

1. switch back to the legacy formatting pane

2. You can raise an issue at https://issues.powerbi.com to add to the multitude of issues with the new formatting pane.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.