Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

alanhanssen
Frequent Visitor

JSON in field of the table from MySQl

I'm trying to get a single field that is hosted in a JSON type column from a table.

We changed part of the developer's team and the previous one, instead of creating a full table containing the information, they grab it in a JSON and put it in a single column.

The table-transformation to fix this issue is in the backlog but in the meanwhile, I would like to extract one field from that column.

Does anyone have idea? So the column is on the table "application_form" and the column containing the JSON is named "form" and the field I want to extract is named "intake"

I'm interested in rescuing the "intake" field for all the rows.

1 REPLY 1
ImkeF
Super User
Super User

Have a look if you can replicate these steps with your data: http://superuser.com/questions/977249/loading-a-json-file-into-power-query

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.