Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

weiwah
Frequent Visitor

Issue with software version number converted to date in Power Query when appending JSON files

Hi everyone, i am appending multiple JSON files into a single table, and one of the data columns contains software version numbers (e.g: 2.2.4, 3.1.91). However, after expanding the table column, these version numbers are automatically being converted into date values. For example, 2.2.4 changes to 2/2/2004 and 3.1.91 to 3/1/1991.

weiwah_0-1710386047265.png

I've tried changing the data type to text in an effort to prevent this conversion, but the output remains in the date format. I also unchecked the "Auto Date/Time" feature under time intelligence settings, but it didn't solve the issue.

Any guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@weiwah , Make sure you change the datatype of the column to text. Remove or change any auto datatype conversation

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@weiwah , Make sure you change the datatype of the column to text. Remove or change any auto datatype conversation

@amitchandak Thanks for your reply. I have done the steps as mentioned. My issue belongs to adjusting existing tables in Power Query. I resolved it by removing all steps from second to the last one, revert the table to the initial state upon import. Then, i reperform the combine binary files action under the content column. After recombining the files, reapply the previous steps and done.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.