Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Tradingpost
Frequent Visitor

Issue with Google sheets "Column not found" during data refresh/query change application

Hi,

I am experiencing a weird issue with PowerBI Desktop. Everytime I try to refresh or apply the query changes in my PowerBI report which is connected to the Google sheets data, I get an error message saying "The column of the table wasn't found". All the columns in the report match the ones in the Google sheets and I have not modified the name of the columns. 

ColumnNotFound_GoogleSheets.PNG

I would really appreciate it if someone can assist me in resolving this issue.

Thank you.

Regards,

Keerthana

4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Tradingpost,

Please check whether the column "New Sales-cash collected ($)" was removed from data source (Google sheets). If so, you should delete this column in Query Editor in desktop manually to resolve this error.

Reference: Expression.Error: The column '<ColumnTitle>' of the table wasn't found

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yulgu-msft,

Thank you for your reply. The column "New Sales-cash collected ($)" was not removed from the data source, Google Sheets. In fact, this error happens only when I click "Refresh All" button. But, if I refresh each table separately, I don't face this error.

Is there a way to refresh all the tables without getting that error message?

Regards,

Keerthana

Hi @Tradingpost,

Please uncheck the option 'Enable parallel loading of tables' (Files -> Options and Settings -> Options-> Current File, Data Load) and test again.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yulgu-msft,

Thank you for your response. I unchecked the box and re-tested. But now, I'm getting an error as shown in the image below.

PowerBI_HRESULT_Error.PNG

I'm not sure why I'm getting this error now...

Regards,

Keerthana

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.