Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Xax
Regular Visitor

Is there posibility to make report that will work on 2 DBs with same structure but diffrent records?

Hi,

I'm wonderind is in Power BI posibility to make report on one DB and after that send file with report to someone else, who has DB with same structure (same tabels, colums, etc) and diffrent records in it. So he could see how this report looks with his set of data in his wersion on DB.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Xax
Regular Visitor

I found a solution,

You can go to Query Editor. Click on Manage Parameters in it. Type Your DB (it is temporary), and use this parameter instead of text value, every time You load new table from DB. After that, when You save it as template, and import, new window will appear with fild in it that You can use to type DB in it. And it works on every DB with this parameter.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

Have you tried saving the file as a Template? Just an idea; I’ve never tried myself...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

Thanks for help. It works I think, but it is not all I need.

Is it posibility to choose from which DB You want to import data at start?

When I open new report I can import data from DB to make report I have to choose my DB. But this choice is remembered and I can't change it in easy way. I can change it manyally in query editor for each table, but what if I have 100 or more tables? I don't want to waste much time every time I need to use this report on different DB.

Is it one simple way to do it?

Xax
Regular Visitor

I found a solution,

You can go to Query Editor. Click on Manage Parameters in it. Type Your DB (it is temporary), and use this parameter instead of text value, every time You load new table from DB. After that, when You save it as template, and import, new window will appear with fild in it that You can use to type DB in it. And it works on every DB with this parameter.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.