Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ashwin
Frequent Visitor

Is it possible to merge two different table visuals with a common column?

Hi, I have two tables each having two columns. One of them being facility which is common to both. The other one is # of entries and # of exits. I am trying to merge this into a single table. 

Facility# of entries

Facility# of exits

The # of entries and exits are values from the same column with different filters and aggregation types. Please help. I need the resulting table to look like this.

Facility# of entries# of exits

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You Measure are coming from the same column with filter, are you using the visual level filter to display those. If yes then use measure filter

example

# count = calculate(count(table[Col1]),table[Col2] ="ABC")

# count = calculate(count(table[Col1]),table[Col2] ="DEF")

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Create a common Facility dimension table and join with both of them.

Facility Dim = distinct(union(all(table1[Facility]),all(table2[Facility])))

Then use common dimesnion to get desired results.

Appreciate your Kudos. In case, this is the solution you are looking for, mark it as the Solution.
In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @

Thanks. My Recent Blogs -Decoding Direct Query - Time Intelligence, Winner Coloring on MAP, HR Analytics, Power BI Working with Non-Standard TimeAnd Comparing Data Across Date Ranges
Proud to be a Datanaut Connect on Linkedin

@amitchandak  Thank you for the reply. I am trying to merge table VISUALS and not actual tables. If I am creating a new table, where would I do it, I am pulling data from SQL server. Kindly answer in detail if possible as I am a beginner here. 

You Measure are coming from the same column with filter, are you using the visual level filter to display those. If yes then use measure filter

example

# count = calculate(count(table[Col1]),table[Col2] ="ABC")

# count = calculate(count(table[Col1]),table[Col2] ="DEF")

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.