Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

matdub40
Helper II
Helper II

Is it possible to copy an entire page from one Power BI Desktop file and paste it into another?

I have two Power Bi Desktop files. Both have the same SSAS model. I made changes to the second one locally with DirectQuery. I would like to copy the pages from the first to the second file.

But when I do a ctrl + A, ctrl + C and ctrl + V in the second one it copies my tables with the values but removes all the formatting with the background.

Is there another way to copy all the pages without losing these modifications?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @matdub40 ,

>> Same for the filters on the pages they are not copied from one report to another at the same time?

You need to recreate or reapply them manually.  It doesn't copy the (hidden) Page filters.It also does not copy any Quick Measures you may have defined and used in the visuals in the source report.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @matdub40 ,

>> Same for the filters on the pages they are not copied from one report to another at the same time?

You need to recreate or reapply them manually.  It doesn't copy the (hidden) Page filters.It also does not copy any Quick Measures you may have defined and used in the visuals in the source report.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@matdub40 , Is one of the files having using the theme.  if so just make sure the file you pasting is on same theme

@amitchandak But then on my new .pbi file I have to add manually on each page the wallpaper? Some background color settings also change

@matdub40 , if different themes are used, the formatting may change. In case that was done at the visual level, it should retain.

@amitchandakOk, I understand better. Same for the filters on the pages they are not copied from one report to another at the same time?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.