Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cparker4486
Helper III
Helper III

Is it just me or are math functions completely broken?

I'll just dive right into the example. Why is "1 + 1" equal to 182?

11_56_08-Trial Balance - Power BI Desktop.png

I get wrong answers for other operations too:

"1 / 2"

11_59_21-Trial Balance - Power BI Desktop.png

DIVIDE() gives the same result.

12_00_08-Trial Balance - Power BI Desktop.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

In your first example you are creating a column that equals "2" to all of your rows, then aggregating by something. I'm going to guess you have 91 rows of data either filtered or in your dataset to get  182.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
phepburn
Frequent Visitor

Column or Measure?

Column.

This brings up another issue which is that I can't create measures. None of my columns are available when creating a measure.

In your first example you are creating a column that equals "2" to all of your rows, then aggregating by something. I'm going to guess you have 91 rows of data either filtered or in your dataset to get  182.

Ooohhh... yeeaaahh... that makes sense!

Any idea on the measure issue I mentioned?

That depends on what your data model looks like. I'm going to assume you've got multiple tables in play if some column names aren't autocompleting when creating a Measure, there's probably something funky in how the tables are related and/or you're working on the wrong side of a many:1 relationship.

Turns out I was just doing it wrong (again). I was not using a function like SUM() in my attempt at making a measure.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.