Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

cristianml
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Invoke Custom Function - Source - Encoding

Hi,

Could you help me to translate in human language what the code below is doing ? I have a difference in a PBI that was created by other person and I'm trying to understan what involves the following step:

cristianml_2-1671069506129.png

= (Parameter1 as binary) => let
Source = Csv.Document(Parameter1,[Delimiter=",", Columns=12, Encoding=65001, QuoteStyle=QuoteStyle.None]),
#"Promoted Headers" = Table.PromoteHeaders(Source, [PromoteAllScalars=true])
in
#"Promoted Headers"

cristianml_1-1671069377131.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @cristianml 

The code creates a column of tables similar to the one below (the column name  is what you define in the custom function) which source files are a CSV, where the delimiter is a comma "," and just the first 12 columns. Then after connecting, promotes the first row as the header. 

danextian_0-1671070671882.png

After this, you can either click on the word Table to open up just a single table or click the expand button to combine all tables (if there are more than one row of tables)

danextian_1-1671070835902.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @cristianml 

The code creates a column of tables similar to the one below (the column name  is what you define in the custom function) which source files are a CSV, where the delimiter is a comma "," and just the first 12 columns. Then after connecting, promotes the first row as the header. 

danextian_0-1671070671882.png

After this, you can either click on the word Table to open up just a single table or click the expand button to combine all tables (if there are more than one row of tables)

danextian_1-1671070835902.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.