Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Espenblo
Frequent Visitor

Incremental refresh

Hi,

I am trying to implement Incremental refresh and a bit confused about how I can use "Detect data changes". I have a fact table with a Datekey column (the date of the transaction), in addition to a UpdatedDate column (when the row is last updated). I have set the RangeEnd and RangeStart filters on Datekey, and using UpdatedDate for the "Detect data changes" option. 

Espenblo_0-1685519194358.png

When testing this I noticed when I updated a row in the Archived data (more than 1 month), and set the UpdatedDate to the current date that is inside the Incremental Refresh period, it is not fetched and refreshed. I consider two things from this:

1. Set the incremental refresh period as long as the archived period to always fetch and refresh updated rows.

2. Change the RangeStart and RangeEnd filters to UpdatedDate instead of Datekey and don't use "Detect data changes" 

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.