Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Ankurdatascienc

Income Utilization DAX

In my excel I have two sheets where in sheet 1 (Spend sheet) there is a column with customer id , spend money and in sheet 2 (Income sheet) Customer id and income money. Income money is not repetitive but spend money is repetitive because one customer can buy multiple items. Also, Income money for all the customers are already given as average Income Now, In power bi I want to calculate their Income utilization % how to do it ?.

Note- The Income column has values in average only. Income is given for only 1 month but Spend is given for 6 months.

Please suggest me how I can calculate Income utlization % ? What DAX Formula or Measure I can create ?

2 REPLIES 2
Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Share data in a format that can be pasted in an MS Excel file.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/
hackcrr
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi, @Ankurdatascienc 

For Total Income (assuming the columns in the Income sheet are named Income and are already averaged), you can create a simple metric:

Total Income = SUM(Income[Income])

However, since you've given that this is the average and only for one month, you may need to multiply by the number of months (6) to get the total expected income (if that's a reasonable assumption):

Total Expected Income = SUM(Income[Income]) * 6

For total expenses (assuming the column name in the Spend sheet is Spend), you need to use the SUMX function in conjunction with the VALUES function to summarize expenses by customer ID because of duplicate customer IDs:

Total Spend = SUMX(VALUES(Spend[Customer ID]), SUM(Spend[Spend]))

Calculate the revenue utilization percentage:

Income Utilization % = DIVIDE(  
    [Total Spend],  
    [Total Expected Income],  
)

Please adjust the above steps and formulas to your specific data structure and needs. If the Income column in the Income sheet is already the total income for 6 months instead of the average, then you don't need to multiply by 6.

Best Regards,

hackcrr

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.