Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JohnAdv
Frequent Visitor

Imported Custom Visuals do not remain on Desktop after exiting BI Desktop.

Hi Fellow PBIers,

I imported a custom Visual for a report, the Chiclet Slicer. Everything works. If I save the report and shutdown PBI Desktop and return to PBID the Chiclet Slicer is there if i load the report that used it.

Is there a way of including custom visuals so when i am creating a New report i don't have to re-import my custom visuals?

Its fine with one or two but with a cirporate standard of maybe 10 custom visuals that means every time i make a new report i need to import those same 10 customs again.

Any ideas? Is there a folder i can load them in so PBID reloads them?

Any other ideas? Are others concerned with this issue ?

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

Yes. Here is my solution:

Download the custom visuals you want into a separate subfolder. Then open a new Power BI Desktop and import the custom visuals.

Once you have done that now "Save As" and  choose "Save as template".  Reopen Power BI Desktop and select "Import -> Power BI Template".

That's it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
wmontes

JohnAdv, have you had any luck with this?

wmontes

JohnAdv, have you had any luck with this?

Hi,

Yes. Here is my solution:

Download the custom visuals you want into a separate subfolder. Then open a new Power BI Desktop and import the custom visuals.

Once you have done that now "Save As" and  choose "Save as template".  Reopen Power BI Desktop and select "Import -> Power BI Template".

That's it.

Hi,

I don't get option of 'Save as' , it just gets added to list of visuals. How can I keep in particular folder.

GB

Hi,

I don't get option of 'Save as' , it just gets added to list of visuals. How can I keep in particular folder.

GB

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.