Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

soandos4

Import tables as individual tables from SSAS Tabular model

When I connect to my SSAS tabular model using live connect, I get all the tables as seperate tables in the editor.

When I connect using the import mode, instead I get everything shoved into one giant table (and this casues OOM errors when I try and include too many tables).

How can I get the tables individually using import mode (I need the ability to add calculated columns, etc)?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @soandos4,

This could be the feature of import mode of SSAS tabular. It could be more like SQL Server without this feature.

But there is a workaround. Import one table a time. If you have three tables, import them by three times. Finally, you will get three tables. It would be easy after that. For example, rename the queries to make them readable. Establish relationships.

Import_tables_as_individual_tables_from_SSAS_Tabular_model

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Could I do this? I mean I guess, but the experience is terrible in a few ways:

1. I lose the relationships that I put into my ssas cube
2. When I import the tables the table name pretends all the column names so they are hard to see

The thing that makes this even necessary is that "connect live" forbids all sorts of things that direct query allows.

What is the recommended way to use PBI and SSAS together without sacrificing much of the functionality in PBI?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.