Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

kfrancis
Regular Visitor

Ignore page level filter in Measure

I have tried all the solutions from other posts but must be missing something because cannot get this to work.

I have a measure to total planned production quantity for the week but I add a page level filter to filter by shift date on the page for other visuals it is changing this measures total. I have tried ignoring the filter with the ALL statement but this does not work. Please can someone help?

CALCULATE(SUM(FactSales[FactoryFrames]),ALL(DimShiftDate),
    FILTER(DimProductionDateFS,DimProductionDateFS[Date] > TODAY() - WEEKDAY(TODAY())),
    FILTER(DimProductionDateFS,DimProductionDateFS[Date] < TODAY() + 7 -WEEKDAY(TODAY())))

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi kfrancis,

Modify your dax like this and check if it can work.

Result = CALCULATE(SUM(FactSales[FactoryFrames]),ALL(DimShiftDate),
    FILTER(ALL(DimProductionDateFS),DimProductionDateFS[Date] > TODAY() - WEEKDAY(TODAY())),
    FILTER(ALL(DimProductionDateFS),DimProductionDateFS[Date] < TODAY() + 7 -WEEKDAY(TODAY())))

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi kfrancis,

Modify your dax like this and check if it can work.

Result = CALCULATE(SUM(FactSales[FactoryFrames]),ALL(DimShiftDate),
    FILTER(ALL(DimProductionDateFS),DimProductionDateFS[Date] > TODAY() - WEEKDAY(TODAY())),
    FILTER(ALL(DimProductionDateFS),DimProductionDateFS[Date] < TODAY() + 7 -WEEKDAY(TODAY())))

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Worked a treat, thank Jimmy

dannn777
Frequent Visitor

try turning off interactions by clicking on the visuals that are affecting the slicer, then going to format > edit interactions, then click the none icon on the slicer

Thanks for reply Dann, sorry I am new and got the description wrong, the issue I am having is with a page level filter not a slicer filter (updated post to say this). Is there a way for a measure to ignore page level filters?

which table is used for page level filter DimShiftDate or other table?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

The DimShiftDate table.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.