Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

PaalA
Regular Visitor

Ignore 2 of 3 slicers on a page

As I try to make a summary page I have 3 slicers on the page(Slicers for column "Material=Food A", "Material duplicate 1=Food B" and "Material duplicat 2= Food C"). I need a formula to calculate the cost for the material filtred for in "Material", but when i try the formula below I get no value (only get "Blank"). It seems like it takes alle the three filters into account, because if i turn of interactions with 2 of the slicers it calculates the cost. 

Total cost product 1 = CALCULATE(SUMX(Table1,-Table1[kost1]-Table1[kost2]),ALLEXCEPT(Table1,Table1[Material]))

MaterialMaterial duplicate 2Material duplicate 2kost1 kost2 
Food AFood AFood A1012
Food bFood bFood b1514
Food cFood cFood c1312
Food dFood dFood d1117

If anyone can help me with a formula that works for the scenario given above, it's hihgly appreceated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @PaalA 

Create measures

per material = SUM('Table'[kost1])+SUM('Table'[kost2])

Measure 1 = CALCULATE([per material],FILTER('Table','Table'[Material]=SELECTEDVALUE(compare1[Material1])))

Measure 2 = CALCULATE([per material],FILTER('Table','Table'[Material]=SELECTEDVALUE(compare2[Material2])))

Measure 3 = CALCULATE([per material],FILTER('Table','Table'[Material]=SELECTEDVALUE(compare3[Material3])))

Capture7.JPG

Best Regards
Maggie
Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PaalA 

As parry2k suggested, create two sperate tables,

compare1 = VALUES('Table'[Material])

compare2 = VALUES('Table'[Material])

Add [Material1] and [Material2] into the slicers.

Create measures

compare_value1 = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[kost1])+SUM('Table'[kost2]),FILTER('Table','Table'[Material]=SELECTEDVALUE(compare1[Material1])))

compare_value2 = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[kost1])+SUM('Table'[kost2]),FILTER('Table','Table'[Material]=SELECTEDVALUE(compare2[Material2])))
per material = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[kost1])+SUM('Table'[kost2]),ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[Material]))

Edit interactions as below

Capture18.JPGCapture19.JPG

Best Regards
Maggie
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Thank you for a good and fast answer.

I have one follow up question though: I'm going to use all the values in one diagram (e.g. pie chart). It don't seems to be working when doing this because I can't turn of the interaction between slicer 1 and the diagram without getting the whole sum of the table.

Is there a way to solve this so i can use the values together in diagrams to make a summary? 

Thanks a lot for your help!

Hi @PaalA 

Create measures

per material = SUM('Table'[kost1])+SUM('Table'[kost2])

Measure 1 = CALCULATE([per material],FILTER('Table','Table'[Material]=SELECTEDVALUE(compare1[Material1])))

Measure 2 = CALCULATE([per material],FILTER('Table','Table'[Material]=SELECTEDVALUE(compare2[Material2])))

Measure 3 = CALCULATE([per material],FILTER('Table','Table'[Material]=SELECTEDVALUE(compare3[Material3])))

Capture7.JPG

Best Regards
Maggie

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@PaalA You have to create a separate table for each slicer and make no relationship with your data table and then use values from these slicers to filter your data table.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.