Did you mean: 
AndyM12
Helper I
Helper I

If % above 10% then "investigate"

Hi,

I have a measure;

% difference =
VAR __BASELINE_VALUE = SUM('UsageDetails'[Cost])
VAR __VALUE_TO_COMPARE = [previous day]
RETURN
    DIVIDE(__VALUE_TO_COMPARE - __BASELINE_VALUE, __BASELINE_VALUE)

This calculates the difference in cost between two days, I need to flag any above 10% difference for investigation into the increase in cost, I have tried a few different ways but they all show OK;
Investigate = if(VAR __BASELINE_VALUE = SUM('UsageDetails'[Cost])
VAR __VALUE_TO_COMPARE = [previous day]
RETURN
    DIVIDE(__VALUE_TO_COMPARE - __BASELINE_VALUE, __BASELINE_VALUE)> 10,"Investigate", "OK")

Many Thanks

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlB
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @AndyM12 

I haven't look in detail but it looks like you should use (10/100) for the comparison instead of 10. 10% is 0,1

Or, in fact, if you are looking for growth larger than 10%, it should actually be (110/100)

If you wanted to check for both growth or decrease larger than 10% you should look for results above (110/10) or below (90/100)

Please mark the question solved when done and consider giving kudos if posts are helpful.

Cheers 

SU18_powerbi_badge

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User IV
Super User IV

@AndyM12 , if other part of calculations fine then it should

DIVIDE(__VALUE_TO_COMPARE - __BASELINE_VALUE, __BASELINE_VALUE)*100 > 10,"Investigate", "OK")

or

DIVIDE(__VALUE_TO_COMPARE - __BASELINE_VALUE, __BASELINE_VALUE)> .10,"Investigate", "OK")

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
Dashboard of My Blogs !! YouTube Channel !! Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

AlB
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @AndyM12 

I haven't look in detail but it looks like you should use (10/100) for the comparison instead of 10. 10% is 0,1

Or, in fact, if you are looking for growth larger than 10%, it should actually be (110/100)

If you wanted to check for both growth or decrease larger than 10% you should look for results above (110/10) or below (90/100)

Please mark the question solved when done and consider giving kudos if posts are helpful.

Cheers 

SU18_powerbi_badge

View solution in original post

Thanks, I went with > 10/100 that appears to be working!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

July 2021 Update 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the July 2021 Updates

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors