Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

aAmirkHan
Helper I
Helper I

Icons are not displaying in new Slicer Button

Hi Power BI Expert,

I have updated my Power BI Desktop. I am trying to add icons in the new slicer button in PBI Desktop for which I have created a calculated column of Image URL. However, I have changed the data category to Image URL.

Image Icon =
SWITCH(
    TRUE(),
    (Tickets[Issue Type]) = "IT Request", "https://github.com/aamirkhan2022/Image/blob/main/Icon/consumer.png",
    (Tickets[Issue Type]) = "IT Error", "https://github.com/aamirkhan2022/Image/blob/main/Icon/working.png",
                                        "https://github.com/aamirkhan2022/Image/blob/main/Icon/meeting.png")

However, when I add this calculated image URL column in the field of Image in the new slicer button it does not show the image in the slicer button.

Moreover, I have placed all my icons in my GitHub account.

Can you please suggest to me how it can be fixed?

Thank you

aAmirkHan_0-1701514773245.png

aAmirkHan_1-1701514805765.png

aAmirkHan_2-1701515127165.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aAmirkHan ,

I did some testing and it seems that the images don't display properly.

vcgaomsft_3-1701863764646.png
Try hosting images on other anonymously accessible web locations.
Display images in a table, matrix, or slicer in a report - Power BI | Microsoft Learn
And try:select the measure --> then click the measure tools --> change the data category to web url. (Here I am using an image from the forum which renders fine.)

vcgaomsft_0-1701863452779.png

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum -- China Power BI User Group

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
aAmirkHan
Helper I
Helper I

Thank you for you advise. Based on your point, I can add icons in the Slicer button.

v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aAmirkHan ,

I did some testing and it seems that the images don't display properly.

vcgaomsft_3-1701863764646.png
Try hosting images on other anonymously accessible web locations.
Display images in a table, matrix, or slicer in a report - Power BI | Microsoft Learn
And try:select the measure --> then click the measure tools --> change the data category to web url. (Here I am using an image from the forum which renders fine.)

vcgaomsft_0-1701863452779.png

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum -- China Power BI User Group

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.