Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymou5

(+/-) Icon behavior with the matrix hierarchy

I had many blanks values in the matrix hierarchy due to asymmetrical hierarchy levels. I managed to hide them with this metric :

Remove Blanks =  SWITCH(TRUE(),  AND(ISINSCOPE(hier[Level 2]),ISBLANK(VALUES(hier[Level 2]))),BLANK(),  AND(ISINSCOPE(hier[Level 3]),ISBLANK(VALUES(hier[Level 3]))),BLANK(),  AND(ISINSCOPE(hier[Level 4]),ISBLANK(VALUES(hier[Level 4]))),BLANK(),  SUM[value])

But (+) icons are still visible where the hidden blank values are. I want for the (+/-) icon to hide in all places where the last value in the hierarchy is reached, so where the blanks are hidden (or at least (-) icon instead of (+) icon to show).  Is there any way to change (+/- ) icon behavior, or other solution to my problem, so that (+/-) icon works as I need to? 

HierarchyHierarchy

On the screen above, the marked row is the last in the hierarchy for his parent row (next one was blank and is hidden now with metric), but there still is a (+) icon.

2 REPLIES 2
JemmaD
Resolver II
Resolver II

Was there any result with supressing + icons when the last point in the heirarchy is reached? I have three heirarchies in a matrix, but the third heirarchy only applies to one catgegory but the user is allowed to expand all categories to the third heirarchy which is pointless. Is there a measure I can use to tell the matrix not to show the expand icons when the heirarchy is not relevant? 

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymou5,
AFAIK, power bi will auto-hide the row if all column fields do not contain corresponding records.

BTW, SWITCH function not suitable to compare with summarised values, if multiple conditions matches, it always returns the first condition they match. So I think your formula does not work for your records, can you please share a pbix file for test?
In addition, it seems like your formulas also expand these 'hidden' rows. I'd like to suggest you add filters in your calculations formulas to ignore the calculation on the above rows to prevent the fill down '0.0' results on specific rows.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.