Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

MA654654
Regular Visitor

% IN DECIMALS NOT GETTING CORRECTLY IN DAX POWER BI

Hello, I am trying calculate the difference between Order Compliance and Target. I am using below DAX to find it however I am getting incorrect decimals sometime for eg my target is 85 and compliance is 83.5 ideally I should get -1.5 but I am getting -1.3. can't find where is the issue when I trying to break it the compliance Order ie No of Orders compliance and Non compliance counts are matching however when it comes to percentage it showing different values.

VAR _var = 'ORDER Table Measure'[Sales - ORDERCompliance] - 'ORDER Table Measure'[ORDER Target]

VAR _pct = DIVIDE('ORDER Table Measure'[Sales - ORDERCompliance], 'ORDER Table Measure'[ORDER Target]) - 1

VAR _rounded_pct = ROUND(_pct * 100, 1)

VAR _sign = IF(_var > 0, "+", "")

VAR _Sign1 = IF(_var > 0, "↗", "↘")

RETURN

_Sign1 & " " & _sign & FORMAT(_rounded_pct, "0") & "%"

To Find the No of Compliance Order I am using below 

Sales - ComplianceOrders % = " ComplianceOrders - " & FORMAT('Table Measure'[Sales - ComplianceORDERS],"#,0.0" & "%" & "")

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @MA654654 

Allow me to pose a question here, what is your 'Table Measure' [Sales - ComplianceORDERS]?

I don't see anything in your description that relates to this.

If it is the name of the measure in your question.

Here are the results I got.

Sales - ComplianceORDERS = 
VAR _var = 'ORDER Table Measure'[measure Sales - ORDERCompliance] - 'ORDER Table Measure'[Measure ORDER Target]

VAR _pct = DIVIDE('ORDER Table Measure'[measure Sales - ORDERCompliance], 'ORDER Table Measure'[Measure ORDER Target]) - 1

RETURN 

Sales - ComplianceOrders % = 
" ComplianceOrders - " & FORMAT('ORDER Table Measure'[Sales - ComplianceORDERS],"#,0.0" & "%" & "")

vnuocmsft_0-1715758423652.png

I hope you can help me explain this part if I have misunderstood.

Regards,

Nono Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-nuoc-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MA654654 

Create a measure and try the following code:

Measure = 
VAR _var = SELECTEDVALUE('ORDER Table Measure'[Sales - ORDERCompliance]) - SELECTEDVALUE('ORDER Table Measure'[ORDER Target])

VAR _pct = DIVIDE(SELECTEDVALUE('ORDER Table Measure'[Sales - ORDERCompliance]), SELECTEDVALUE('ORDER Table Measure'[ORDER Target])) - 1

RETURN 

Here I tested if _var was calculated correctly.

vnuocmsft_0-1715739295410.png

Here is the result.

vnuocmsft_1-1715739428267.png

If you still have problems, it is best to provide the pbix file and be careful to delete sensitive data.

Regards,

Nono Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

My Sales OrderCompliance and Target is a measure so I not able to use Selected Value in the query Below is my Sales - ComplaianceOrders % measure and Sales - ComplianceOrders % = " ComplianceOrders - " & FORMAT('Table Measure'[Sales - ComplianceORDERS],"#,0.0" & "%" & "")

Hi @MA654654 

Allow me to pose a question here, what is your 'Table Measure' [Sales - ComplianceORDERS]?

I don't see anything in your description that relates to this.

If it is the name of the measure in your question.

Here are the results I got.

Sales - ComplianceORDERS = 
VAR _var = 'ORDER Table Measure'[measure Sales - ORDERCompliance] - 'ORDER Table Measure'[Measure ORDER Target]

VAR _pct = DIVIDE('ORDER Table Measure'[measure Sales - ORDERCompliance], 'ORDER Table Measure'[Measure ORDER Target]) - 1

RETURN 

Sales - ComplianceOrders % = 
" ComplianceOrders - " & FORMAT('ORDER Table Measure'[Sales - ComplianceORDERS],"#,0.0" & "%" & "")

vnuocmsft_0-1715758423652.png

I hope you can help me explain this part if I have misunderstood.

Regards,

Nono Chen

ExcelMonke
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Consider adding a decimal place to your Format Clause. E.g. FORMAT(_rounded_pct,"0.0%")

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.