Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Rsanjuan
Helper IV
Helper IV

IF - THEN Calculation

I have two columns....Proposed Budget and Proposed Costs.  I am trying to calculate the gross margin % using this formula:

(Proposed Budget - Proposed Costs) / Proposed Budget

However, there are rows where Proposed Budget and Proposed Costs have values of 0.  And when 0 is divided by 0, I am getting a NaN error.

What would be the correct syntax to only calculate this formula ONLY when Proposed Budget > 0?

Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Vvelarde
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Rsanjuan

hi, try using Divide Function

Result=Divide(Table1[Proposed Budget]- Table1[Proposed Costs], Table1[Proposed Budget],Blank())

Lima - Peru

View solution in original post

geeb
Regular Visitor

You can also use IF([Proposed Budget] > 0, ([Proposed Budget] -[Proposed Costs]) / [Proposed Budget]). This will return a blank if the condition is false.

The solution above is nice and clean though.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
geeb
Regular Visitor

You can also use IF([Proposed Budget] > 0, ([Proposed Budget] -[Proposed Costs]) / [Proposed Budget]). This will return a blank if the condition is false.

The solution above is nice and clean though.

Vvelarde
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Rsanjuan

hi, try using Divide Function

Result=Divide(Table1[Proposed Budget]- Table1[Proposed Costs], Table1[Proposed Budget],Blank())

Lima - Peru

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.