Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Nadeem_Ahmed
Regular Visitor

I need to send emails to users based upon some specific criteria

Hi,

I need to send emails to 5 different users residing in 5 different cities. I have a pool of data of sales where each transaction is recording the city of sales. Now I want that i can send emails to those 5 users and each of them gets his own city sale.

How can I do that. Please guide.

Regards,

Nadeem

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Nadeem_Ahmed ,

RLS allows you to have different users see different content, and if you want to email that different content to different users, I suggest you use Power Automate and set up RLS in Power Automate, which I think should achieve some of the results you're looking for.
You can set up RLS here when using Power Automate to send emails to users:

vjunyantmsft_0-1706073799175.png

You can check this document for the exact procedure:
Export and email a report with Power Automate - Power BI | Microsoft Learn
Power BI - Connectors | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Dino Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @Nadeem_Ahmed ,

check this about row level security https://youtu.be/jphj40tBPD8?si=8MIdS5cJkrY417V-

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi @Idrissshatila,

That is basic Row Level Security.  Here what you have shared is that a user will log into Power BI and then based upon his email address, he will be able to see the data.

But my case is a little different. I will be logging into Power Bi with an admin user and that has to send data in excel or PDF file to those 5 users and inthose files only relevant city data will be shared to each user.

Hope it clarifies my question.

Regards,

Nadeem 

Hi @Nadeem_Ahmed ,

RLS allows you to have different users see different content, and if you want to email that different content to different users, I suggest you use Power Automate and set up RLS in Power Automate, which I think should achieve some of the results you're looking for.
You can set up RLS here when using Power Automate to send emails to users:

vjunyantmsft_0-1706073799175.png

You can check this document for the exact procedure:
Export and email a report with Power Automate - Power BI | Microsoft Learn
Power BI - Connectors | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Dino Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.