Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I cant see the Newly added column in azure table

Hi All,

I have used the Azure Table storage to design the dashboards.

The datasets required for the dashboard, exported by the data team in the Azure Table Storage and I have imported all the data in Power BI desktop.

But after verify the data, one column is missing in dataset, so the data team added a new column in ATS, but now I cant see the added new column in the Power BI.

I have Refreshed Preview as well as clear all the permissions from the  data source setting, but still I cant find the column there.

The data team proves the column is available in Table.

Please help me out to resolved this issue.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

According to your description, you can not see the newly added column even if you click the “Refresh All” in the Power Query editor, right?

v-robertq-msft_0-1613036372312.png

If so, I suggest to create a new pbix file to connect to the Azure Table storage again using the same credential, then check if the newly added column can display. If it can display, you can copy the M-code in the advanced editor to the original pbix file to update the query.

v-robertq-msft_1-1613036372323.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try following below steps, it worked for me.

1. In Power BI Desktop, go to File -> Option and Settings -> Options
2. Under Global, clear cache for everything.
3. Close PBIX file and open it again.
4. Refresh data and go to Edit Query and those columns should be visible there.

petecuff

petecuff_0-1689164764850.png

FWIW, I had the same issue and found the answer/my missing new table fields in the Expanded Content step

Ishant_Gupta

Neither 'Refresh all' include the newly added columns , nor does checking the list of columns in 'Advanced Editor'. I even tried creating a new pbix file with same and different(key2) keys but it seems powerbi only takes first published list of columns only. It (Power BI) doesn't capture the new columns added in azure table storage which is the real use of table storage as the application/data increases with due course of time.

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

According to your description, you can not see the newly added column even if you click the “Refresh All” in the Power Query editor, right?

v-robertq-msft_0-1613036372312.png

If so, I suggest to create a new pbix file to connect to the Azure Table storage again using the same credential, then check if the newly added column can display. If it can display, you can copy the M-code in the advanced editor to the original pbix file to update the query.

v-robertq-msft_1-1613036372323.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.