Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Ayodele_Adeniyi

I am currently Stuck.

I have been scrolling and searching for a solution for days now.
I loaded a dataset about sicknessess and there are 31 of them spread across different columns, so I unpivoted the columns and it gave me values and attribute which I renamed to "Death Value" and "Sicknesses".

The Death Value and the Sicknesses.The Death Value and the Sicknesses.

I made various groups from the sicknesses column as seen above for easy visualization which does not affect the parent column in anyway.

Now I want to create a card visual to give me Death Values for a particular sickness, and it is showing blank.

2024-03-08 (1).png

I have tried to use filter too to see if it will work in dax, it did not.
if I use matrix and filter, it gives me the correct answer, but it doesnt work with Dax.
Here is a screenshot of my Dataset.

2024-03-08 (2).png

Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PijushRoy
Super User
Super User

Hi @Ayodele_Adeniyi 

DAX looks good, can you please check if there are any extra space in HIV/AIDS words
Click on the HIV/AIDS cell in power query and it will open one box below, then highlight the text and check if any extra space
Please share image for your datamodel and check if the filtered by another table/field

Let me know if that works for you

If your requirement is solved, please mark THIS ANSWER as SOLUTION ✔️ and help other users find the solution quickly. Please hit the Thumbs Up 👍 button if this comment helps you.

Thanks
Pijush
Linkedin

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Ayodele_Adeniyi

Thank You, it worked!!!

PijushRoy
Super User
Super User

Hi @Ayodele_Adeniyi 

DAX looks good, can you please check if there are any extra space in HIV/AIDS words
Click on the HIV/AIDS cell in power query and it will open one box below, then highlight the text and check if any extra space
Please share image for your datamodel and check if the filtered by another table/field

Let me know if that works for you

If your requirement is solved, please mark THIS ANSWER as SOLUTION ✔️ and help other users find the solution quickly. Please hit the Thumbs Up 👍 button if this comment helps you.

Thanks
Pijush
Linkedin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.