Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

arifshah
Helper I
Helper I

How to wrap text of lables inside a treemap

Hi,

I have created a treemap in a paginated report. The treemap is showing lables inside the squares of the treemap.

We have a challenge where if the text of the lable inside a square is too big or if some the treemap square is too small then it would not show up the text. I can see that maybe the square will not fit the whole text in one line but if we could wrap the text inside teh square then it may show up.

arifshah_0-1713133626476.png

take a look at the yellow highlighted squares. Is there anyway to show the text by wrapping it or is there any other solution for this?

Regards

Syed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bipin-Lala
Resolver V
Resolver V

Hi @arifshah,

As of April 2024, the Treemap visual does not support text wrapping for category labels. Hence labels are displayed as single-line text only and may be truncated if they exceed available space. Or not be visible if the boxes are too small.

The following are not solutions but maybe the only workarounds for now, which are pretty obvious - 

• Reduce the font size
  • Increase the size of the treemap
  • Use tooltips to display actual names

I would suggest that you submit this as a feature request or upvote an existing similar feature request at the Microsoft Ideas Forum.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Bipin-Lala
Resolver V
Resolver V

Hi @arifshah,

As of April 2024, the Treemap visual does not support text wrapping for category labels. Hence labels are displayed as single-line text only and may be truncated if they exceed available space. Or not be visible if the boxes are too small.

The following are not solutions but maybe the only workarounds for now, which are pretty obvious - 

• Reduce the font size
  • Increase the size of the treemap
  • Use tooltips to display actual names

I would suggest that you submit this as a feature request or upvote an existing similar feature request at the Microsoft Ideas Forum.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.