Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lgroger
Advocate I
Advocate I

How to use inactive relationship on a specific page only

I have a table with product information that is linked to a table with sales history. The sales history has an inactive relationship to a date table.  The date table is used as a slicer and there is a measure to use the inactive relationship to calculate sales during that time.   I need the relationship to be inactive b/c if it's inactive, then only rows that have sales are displayed and I want to show rows that have no demand also.   This works well until I try to create a drill through to look at the individual sales records.  Because the relationship between the dates and the sales history is inactive, it's not filtering the sales history unless the user updates another date slicer to match what they have in the original slicer (which is synced between pages).  Does anyone have a creative solution to tie these 2 date slicers together?  Or is there a way to make a relationship active for certain visuals?

Demand = calculate(sum('Sales Combined'[itemqty]),USERELATIONSHIP('Sales Combined'[entrydate],'Dates 2'[date]))

power-bi-help.PNGpower-bi-help2.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lgroger ,

You can try USERELATIONSHIP function if there is any related column in your target visual.
Otherwise, could you please share some sample data and excepted result to me if you don't have any Confidential Information.
If so, please upload your files to One Drive and share the link here.

Best Regards,
Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

Hi @v-jayw-msft , I appreciate the response.  I don't have a file right now that I can share b/c of confidentiality but I may create a sample file once I get back to this project if I become desperate.  I'm using USERELATIONSHIP currently on one page already and I want to create a drill through for it to display the raw data used in the measure.  However, since that relationship is inactive, it won't show the correct raw data unless the relationship is activated somehow for just that page.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.