Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rustyrepublic
Regular Visitor

How to use an inactive relationship to filter dates in a bar chart

Hi Everyone,

I've been looking for various posts and nothing seems to click regarding how I would solve this issue. I'm really new to DAX and still grappling with the basics

I have a dates table with an active and an inactive relationship to a metrics summary table

The active relationship is between Date & CSA Executed Date 

rustyrepublic_0-1612324326000.png 

The inactive relationship is between Date & CSA Sent to Site Date 

rustyrepublic_1-1612324353127.png

When I am creating bar charts to report on average time per month to execute CSAs everything is as expected but when I try to create bar charts to report on average time per month to send CSA's to sites I have CSA's that were sent in June showing up in December (as they were executed in December and this is the active relationship between Dates and Site CSA Metrics Summary) 

I figured I could use USERRELATIONSHIP to help me here but I have no idea how to apply this DAX function. Do I create a new measure in the Dates table or in the Site CSA Metrics Summary table, and what am I asking it to calculate?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
2 REPLIES 2
rustyrepublic
Regular Visitor

@amitchandakmany thanks! I had a look at your example and sample file and that was really helpful in figuring it out. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.