Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

admin11
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

How to use PBI create P&L statement ?

Hi All

One week ago , @VijayP  share his you tube on AR analysis video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bV9BfB3_Oc

I suggested to him , he should do a video for GL analysis , base on my GL problem statement on how to create a P&L financial statement.

With the help from forum following people  :-

@aj1973 

@amitchandak 

@v-robertq-msft 

@PhilipTreacy 

And many other I forget to mention who help me a lot in the past 2 month ....

Have finally Help create below P&L table , 

P&L item....Description ....Amount

REV....  Local Sales .............100

REV....  Oversea Sales .......210

REV....  Inter co  Sales ......100

COGS..Cost of goods........200

COGS..Cost of goods..........20

Now I like to format the table , so that it will be look like traditional P&L table below :

P&L item....Description ....Amount

.REV....Local Sales ............100

.,,,,,,....  Oversea Sales ......200

......,,,,,,,Inter co  Sales ......100

COGS..Cost of goods.....,,..200

..........,,,Cost of goods.....,,..200

Enclosed my PBI file :-

I have read the document, but still can not figure out how to do it :-

Hope below expert can help as well :-

@v-cazheng-msft 

@v-chuncz-msft 

@themistoklis 

@v-yangliu-msft 

@parry2k 

@Anonymous 

Remark :-

I have Reporting Code , which is run in sequence numbering for all P&L items can sort In sequences 

P&L item....Description ...Reporting Code

REV....  Local Sales ...........1

REV....  Oversea Sales .....2

REV....  Inter co  Sales ......3

COGS..Cost of goods....,..4

COGS..Cost of goods....,,.5

Below is my sample PBI file :-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tc830e19206wh7u/PBT%20GL%20VER0058_%20GL%20ANALYSIS%20PROBLEM%20STATEMENT%20V001.pbix?dl=0

Paul

12 REPLIES 12
VijayP
Super User
Super User

@admin11 

Please find attached the Sample work where I have Craeted Annula Total and Few Line Level Breakups

You need to follow the same logic and build rest! however will be creating a complete video on it to make useful to many other users soon!

Let me know if you have any questions! 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

Proud to be a Super User!

@VijayP 

Thank you very much for your effort , kindly share with me the 2 accounting setup file you created. So that i can use it. 

admin11_0-1612786173129.png

@VijayP 

I have diffcuilty in create meansure group , this is good feature . alternative i create all measure at Date Table. Hope you can share with me how to create this ?

admin11_1-1612793139012.png

@VijayP 

I try to duplicate what you have did. when i try to add Annual Total Amount , the table go blank :-

admin11_0-1612792839078.png

Below is my PBI file :-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jo3jq8goyr9iqaq/PBT%20GL%20VER0063.pbix?dl=0

@VijayP 

wow you are good , thank you so much. 

Paul

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@admin11 good to know that you find it useful, I think it is a very scalable and easy solution and that's pretty much was core logic for my solutions. Cheers!! 

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@admin11 I worked on financial statements to meet my customers' requirements but there is nothing I can share. Somebody shared this amazing video that explains everything from start to end on the financial statement. I have briefly watched this video and I think it is good enough for anyone to meet their financial statement requirements using Power BI.

Good luck!

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

@parry2k Thank you for sharing a very nice video. this help a lot. 

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi to all participant.

I have made a complete Financial statements report: 

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiMmFhYWVlMDUtYTk3My00Y2U2LTgwMWEtZDQwNjAyNmQwNjc5IiwidCI6IjgzN...

Your feedback would really matters to me.

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

@aj1973 

Really Valueable! Great Job! Keep it up!

MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

VijayP
Super User
Super User

@admin11 

I am working on it. Not only P&L now I am making complete P&L and B/S also.

To discuss in detail I suggest you can send a test mail to vijay.perepa@ameetz.com 

Lets meet on MS Teams as well to make much more informative not only to you but also entire forum mates who may require this !

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.