Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sagarsahoo_123
Helper IV
Helper IV

How to sync card visual with slicer selection in the same page. Working except two slicers.

Hi Team,

Hope all are doing well. I have a small requirement to display the card vaue as per slicer selection in the same page. We have user wise Input value and in Card i am showing the users count who are less than 6 hours of input value. Similarly we have different slicers like customer wise, Project wise. The card is showing the numbers as per Customer, Project and all other slicer selection except the Input Range slicer. Based on Input value of user, we have prepared a range of Input like <6hours, 6to 9 hours, above  9 hours. But the card value is not changing when any of these range is selected. It is basically static when input range slicer is selected. For other slicers it is working fine as per selection. 

Note:-- The Input Range slicer is made from another table which is actually a measure used as slicer. 

Working fine for other slicer selection but not changing as per Input Range slicer selection.

The card value is showing 4708 count for <6 hours users.

sagarsahoo_123_0-1681972523173.png

Now with customer selection in slicer, the card number changes accordingly. The card number chnged to two when "ABB" customer is selected in slicer, which worked as per expectation. And similarly for below slicer in the image working fine except the Input Range slicer.

sagarsahoo_123_1-1681972661776.png

Now selected the above 9 hours in the "input Range" sicer but it is showing the 4708 numbers. It does not change as per my expectation of slicer selection.

sagarsahoo_123_2-1681972859177.png

How can i make it sync with this sliecr selection of "Input Range". Any help is highly appreciated!

Regards,

Sagar

8 REPLIES 8
sagarsahoo_123
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hi @lbendlin ,

Thanks for your support. You got it right. Here there is no relation between Input Range slicer table with the actual data set. Here i am using the Input numbers of users from actual data set and cretaed the table of Input range.

For example if a user is having Input number of 5.99 hour, i have placed that user into <6 hours category of Input Range in the new table. By using Measure i am able to call those users in the matrix table when i select the Input Range slicer. Is there any way that this Input Range slicer can be synced with Card visualization!

Because all other slicers apart from this are of same data set and card visualization is changing accordingly when other slicers are selected, but with this Input Range slicers selection, there is no change to the Card Visualization.

Regards,

Sagar

If there is no relationship through the data model then you need to create an artificial one in your measure, for example via TREATAS.

Hello @lbendlin 

I am not familier with this "TREATAS" function. Could you please help where i can use it in my measure given below!

------

Filter Status =
Var tab =
    ADDCOLUMNS(
        DISTINCT('Input_Range(WorkTime)'),
        "Min",
            SWITCH(
                [Input Range],
                "No Input", 0.00,
                "<6 Hours", 0.01,
                "6 to 9 Hours", 6.0,
                ">9 Hours", 9.01
            ),
        "Max",
            SWITCH(
                [Input Range],
                "No Input", 0.01,
                "<6 Hours", 6,
                "6 to 9 Hours", 9.01,
                ">9 Hours", 100000
            )
    )
Var Result =
    IF(
        COUNTROWS(
            FILTER(
                tab,
                [Avg WT] >= [Min] &&
                [Avg WT] < [Max]
            )
        ) > 0,
    )
Return Result
------
In the above new table is "Input_Range(WorkTime)" and WT is the column taken from actual dta set.

Regards,
Sagar

Please provide sample data that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot).
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-Forum/ba-...
Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523

@lbendlin ,

Hi, Did you find any solution for this proble. I had already posted the sample pbix file as well. Did that help to figure out the mistakes or correction required!

Would love to hear from you. 

Thanks,

Sagar

Your measure 

WorkTime_LowPerformer = IF([Avg_WT]<6 && [Avg_WT]>0,1,0)

is hard coded instead of taking input from the Input Range slicer.

Hi @lbendlin ,

please find the below link to download the sample data.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqNLfMSghxwyhgVaPes9qbktkg34?e=h34Jpw

In this, issue is when i changed the "Input Range" selection, the card value is not syncing accordingly. If you look at the below image i have selected the Slicer with >9 hours selection and i am expecting to show card value as Zero as the selection is made above 6 hours.

sagarsahoo_123_0-1682580203987.png

The above highligter should be showing Zero, but it is showing static value. No changes is observed with Input Range slicer selection, but it is changing with other slicer selection. For ex..

sagarsahoo_123_1-1682580293311.png

With customer slicer selection, the card value was changed accordingly. Kindly help in this regard.

Regards,

Sagar

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

That would be a question for your data model.  If the slicer table influences the table(s) that feed your card measure then the values will chane accordingly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.