Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

ross27
Advocate II
Advocate II

How to set the bounds on a time only axis?

I have a clustered bar chart with  a field of data type time on the X-axis.  What I'd like to do is explicitly set the bounds of the axis from 00:00:00 to 23:23:59 so that the scale doesn't change as the user applies further filters.  Is there a way to do this?  The format options seem to require me to include a full datetime as my start and end parameters.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the reply Dale, but the issue I had with that approach is that I get no data in my chart - presumably because the date part is missing from my time-only field.

In the end I was able to achieve what I wanted not by setting the bounds, but by selecting "Show items with no data" on the field I was charting.

nodata.jpg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

@ross27

Hi,

If you have a column which is just time (not datetime), you can try it. Though it isn't perfect, it works. Have a look at picture for details.

How to set the bounds on a time only axis.png

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the reply Dale, but the issue I had with that approach is that I get no data in my chart - presumably because the date part is missing from my time-only field.

In the end I was able to achieve what I wanted not by setting the bounds, but by selecting "Show items with no data" on the field I was charting.

nodata.jpg

@ross27

My pleasure. I am so glad you have solved you problem.

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.