Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to remove/disable the horizontal scroll bar on the clustered column chart with date hierarchy

Hi Everyone,

Could someone please let me know if it is possible to somehow remove/disable the horizontal scroll bar on the clustered column chart in Power BI Desktop and fit all the content (data points) within the visual?

I have a clustered column chart visual that displays totals over the timeline from 2011 --> 2021 with the date hierarchy of Year --> Month Name, please see the screenshot below.

mikhailg_1-1622694976143.png

X axis settings:

mikhailg_2-1622695133621.png     

mikhailg_3-1622695184259.png

This how the visual looks at the Year level, it displays the complete timeline.

mikhailg_4-1622695387008.png

And this is how it looks when I click the Expand all one level down in the hierarchy option.

mikhailg_5-1622695822188.png

As you can see, the horizontal scrollbar appeared and the content doesn't "shrink" to fit the visual.

Is there any option to sort of "collapse" first 5 years of data points to the Year-Month level, and leave the rest of data expanded, something like this?

mikhailg_6-1622695994126.png

I use Power BI Desktop version 2.93.981.0 64-bit (May 2021).

Many thanks in advance 🤗.

Regards,

Mikhail

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , I doubt an option for that. Play with font size, inner padding, Min Category width and Maximum size

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , I doubt an option for that. Play with font size, inner padding, Min Category width and Maximum size

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak , thanks for the reply, yes, looks like this is the only option, well, nothing is perfect I quess :).

Thanks again!

Regards,

Mikhail

HI @Anonymous,

It sounds like you want to auto-scale your chart to show all graphs, right?

AFAIK, current power bi does not support this. Maybe you can refer to amitchandak 's suggestion or try to submit an idea or improve this.

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Xiaoxin Sheng,

Yes, you are correct, I thought that it is possible in Power BI to kind of auto-scale the series of data points, but it looks like it is not there yet, although I've heard rumours that Tableau can do that :).

Never mind, thanks for the reply :).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.