Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Kondla333
Frequent Visitor

How to remove blank columns from matrix visual in POWER BI Desktop Level??

Hello All,

We have created a Matrix visual based on day wise, month wise, year wise data.  But the issue is we are getting blank columns when we filter the data by day wise at visual level. How can we overcome it ?  Can one help me on this

What we tried is :

1. Applied visual level filter to display is not blank data - error is memory availablity issue.

Thanks in Advance 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Kondla333
Frequent Visitor

It has been resolved, Thanks for all the replies 🙂

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Kondla333
Frequent Visitor

It has been resolved, Thanks for all the replies 🙂

mahenkj2
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Pls share sample data, or sample file and current state of visual where you can show the exact problem.

You said, memory availability issue, what's that?

Hi @mahenkj2 , Thanks for the reply

Please find the more detailed information below

sample data

MPBError1.png

When applied visual level filter we got this  errorWhen applied visual level filter we got this error

After seeing your data, would like to know whether data is correct and you dont want blank column to appear in the visual or the blank comumn itself is a problem and infact you should see some data there?

or on other words

The values shown in % looks to be a measure, so your question is why that is blank in some column or just hide those blank columns?

Anyway, you should post some sample data in a file, if possible. It will expedite solution of this problem.

@mahenkj2 yes the data is correct, i don't want to see the blank columns in visual.

The values shown in % looks to be a measure, so your question is why that is blank in some column or just hide those blank columns? - yes i need to hide those balnks.

SergioSilvaPT
Resolver V
Resolver V

Hi @Kondla333 ,

If the problem is what i think you have a simple solution.

You have something similar to this:

SergioSilvaPT_0-1652469491173.png

and you have this:

SergioSilvaPT_2-1652469602352.png

You have to click in one of the dimensions on columns for example Day, and untick the option "Show items with no data".

Here:

SergioSilvaPT_1-1652469591994.png

Regards,

Sérgio Silva

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Regards,
Sérgio Silva

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Check out my blog for tips and tricks about Power BI: https://pbibits.wordpress.com/

Hi @SergioSilvaPT , Thanks for you suggestion

I have checked now, it's already unticked...is there any other way?? Plz suggest it will be really great.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.