Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Nietzsche
Helper IV
Helper IV

How to remove a column from Date Hierarchy?

Hello everyone,

After a column has been placed into a Date Hierarchy, how can it be removed from that hierarchy? For example, currently I have the Year and the Quarter column in the Date Hierarchy, but when I right click on the Quarter column, there is no option for me to remove it nor can I drag it out of the Date Hierarchy.

Nietzsche_0-1698489803854.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @Nietzsche ,

you go in the data model view, then click on the hierarchy , then you will see as in the screenshot you could click X to remove it then the apply changes button will be available to click so ou click it and it will be removed.

Idrissshatila_0-1698508639182.pngIdrissshatila_1-1698508680463.pngIdrissshatila_2-1698508710451.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

calerof
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @Nietzsche,

Use "Delete from model". It'll delete the object in the hierarchy, not the column from the table.

figure1.png

Cheers,

Fernando

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.