Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Mayank09sharma
Frequent Visitor

How to reduce refresh time of PBI DB

Hello All, 

I have Power BI Dashboard which is connected to the Data lake server. With the help of the Alteryx Model, I pushed the YTD and Monthly data into the Data lake. The total data size is around 295,000 excel rows which contain 2020, 2021, 2022, and 2023 data.

When I refresh Power BI, it takes a longer time ( approx 45mins) to complete a run.

Is there any way I can build something in the existing power BI Dashboard that only refreshes 2023 or specific month data, or does it gives me an option/list to choose the year or Qtr, or month? Could anyone guide me on how to build that logic in the existing PBI without breaking setup logic, mapping, and relationships? 

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
AbbasG
Memorable Member
Memorable Member
marcelsmaglhaes
Super User
Super User

Hey @Mayank09sharma ! 

Are you refreshing the power bi desktop file (pbix) or refreshing directly on the service like a dataflow or the dataset?

I'm asking because when you update the pbix file, the time is greather than when publish dataflow or dataset in service and there you can set incremental refresh.

But, 45 min is strange in both situations because 295.000 rows is nothing to power BI. I refresh sometimes 20 millions rows in some minutes (pbix file). In dataflows I set the incremental refresh and the time is about seconds....

Please read this link about incremental refresh and fell free to give us more details about your scenario. 

Regards, 
Marcel

Regards,
Marcel Magalhães
Microsoft Power BI Official Partner
MCT | Certified PL-300 Power BI

If I've helped, don't forget to mark my post as a solution!
Imagem de fundo

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.