Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

mycwidms
Advocate II
Advocate II

How to page break by group in a paginated report

Hi, is there a way to page break by Make in this example so that you actually get two tables instead of one? I tried to add page break by Make group but nothing happens. The bottom two tables - per make is just a filtered view of the matrix that has both. Any suggestions?

Capture.PNG

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
mycwidms
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi, @v-yiruan-msft 

Appriciate the answer. This does not seem like the proper solution to the problem nor the instructions. Page break by group does not seem to break the column groups. We need to break where the red line is and move toyota to page 2 and display honda only on page 1:

Capture.PNG

did you ever get this to break between column? It won't work on my matrix either.

Sadly no. I actually do not recall what and how I ended up doing in this case. Generally, I have been working around issues using sub reports which is very painful but no other way to get the desired layout.

v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mycwidms ,

You can follow the steps below to achieve it, please find the details in the screenshot below...

1. Insert a table

2. Go to the Row Groups pane, and click on the down arrow beside the Make. Please select the Group Properties option. Go to Page Breaks tab, and check the option "Between each instance of a group".

• Between each instance of a group: If you select this option, Page will break when a new group starts. For example, Queensland in Australia is a new group instance, so it will break at that point and display all records belong to Queensland on a new page.
  • Also at the start of a group: This will apply page break before Queensland
  • Also at the end of a group: This will use page break after Queensland

yingyinr_0-1656578608783.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.