Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Nicolae_Savga
Frequent Visitor

How to make only one of the tables from a tool-tip interact wit other filters.

I have a table with sales values for which I added a tooltip which shows two values, one is year to selected date(YTSD) and the other is full-year budget. There is also a small grid(which acts as a filter) where one can choose a range of months. 

Is it possible to make the month grind interact only with the YTSD value, in the tooltip, and not both YTSD and budget?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Nicolae_Savga ,

First you should know that: Report tooltips are not supported for Power BI visuals. Report tooltips are applied on all report pages, the elements in tooltips will interact with visual data at the same time when you set a page tooltip in a visual.

If you want to only show single tooltip field in a visual, you can just put the tooltip field in the 'Tooltip' bar of the visual instead of using the whole page as a tooltip:

tooltip.png page tooltip.png

For more details about tooltips, you can refer the following Microsoft documents that hope to help you:

1. Create tooltips based on report pages in Power BI Desktop 
  2. Customize tooltips in Power BI Desktop 

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Nicolae_Savga ,

First you should know that: Report tooltips are not supported for Power BI visuals. Report tooltips are applied on all report pages, the elements in tooltips will interact with visual data at the same time when you set a page tooltip in a visual.

If you want to only show single tooltip field in a visual, you can just put the tooltip field in the 'Tooltip' bar of the visual instead of using the whole page as a tooltip:

tooltip.png page tooltip.png

For more details about tooltips, you can refer the following Microsoft documents that hope to help you:

1. Create tooltips based on report pages in Power BI Desktop 
  2. Customize tooltips in Power BI Desktop 

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can create visually rich report tooltips that appear when you hover over visuals, based on report pages you create in Power BI Desktop. By creating a report page that serves as your tooltip, your custom tooltips can include visuals, images, and any other collection of items you create in the report page.

Admin

O365CloudExperts

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Nicolae_Savga not fully sure what you are looking for? Provide more context, some screens shots and expected result.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.