Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

PatMic090
Frequent Visitor

How to make a measure considering index

I'm trying to figure out how can I make a needed measure.

I have created index in the same table where Comp measure is. Sales measure is from different table, but those two tables have relationship. I want to calculate the Total as Comp * Sales.

So if comp is 0 the Total should be 0, if it's one then I should be multiplied by 1.

I would need that calculation to use with other category later. How can I achieve that? 

PatMic090_0-1700654506450.png

3 REPLIES 3
pi_eye
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hi @PatMic090  this is actually a common model to use, to have a table just for measures.

In Power BI, measures aren't strictly "connected" to a table as they can refer to many fields from diffrerent tables. See https://www.phdata.io/blog/creating-a-measures-table-in-power-bi/ for more information

Can you give examples of the data, tables, and the results that you are expecting?

Pi

pi_eye
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hi @PatMic090 

If the tables are joined, you should just be able to create a measure which combines the two measures from different tables.

new measure = [Comp Measure] * [Sales measure]

If this isn't returning the result you expect, can you elaborate on how the tables are joined?

Pi

It seems to be my mistake, actual relationship is not correct. The thing is that Sales measure is in Metrics table, which is not connected to anything (there are only measures). I don't have access how they were created because the data is from Power Bi datahub. Is there any other solution?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.