Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JemB123
Regular Visitor

How to make a card that is the sum of multiple cards

Hi, 

I was hoping to make a visual that could show the summary of 5 cards ie. card 1 = 10 , card 2 = 79 ect ; summary card would be 89. 

Is this possible? below is my cards I was hoping to summaries on one card so that i could know the total of all these values. 

JemB123_1-1709168273425.png

Kind regards, 

Jemma 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
datawailor
Advocate II
Advocate II

You could use the new card visual to achieve the look. As to the values, if you use measures that equate to the total then yes, this is doable. This implies if measure 1 = 5, measure 2 = 7 then measure 3 = measure 1 + measure 2. Arranged in this order in the new card visual should give you what you need.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jingzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JemB123 

If your current cards are built by dragging a column into it and making it display Count of that column values, you can create a new measure to calculate the total count of all. For example, 

Total = COUNT('Table'[column A]) + COUNT('Table'[column B]) +... + COUNT('Table'[column E])

If you are not using Count, you just need to modify it accordingly. 

Regards,

Jing

datawailor
Advocate II
Advocate II

You could use the new card visual to achieve the look. As to the values, if you use measures that equate to the total then yes, this is doable. This implies if measure 1 = 5, measure 2 = 7 then measure 3 = measure 1 + measure 2. Arranged in this order in the new card visual should give you what you need.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.