Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Galat198
Helper IV
Helper IV

How to hide (or improve) blank charts?

Hi,
I have some charts that I filter by date slicers like in the picture or others ...
Sometimes it happens that for a particular product there is no data for the chosen date
In that case, the empty chart only remains ..... it does not look good.

Galat198_0-1609894801344.png

I tried to make an IF + ISBLANK formula and put a text or something in there but it doesn't work

What would you do in such a situation? How can I change data or do something (text, image, other...) when the chart is blank?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Galat198 goal here is to overlay the image or kpi card and then change the color when no data found. See attached, it has two pages, one with a text message and one with image, change it as per your requirement.

Check my latest blog post Year-2020, Pandemic, Power BI and Beyond to get a summary of my favourite Power BI feature releases in 2020

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Galat198 goal here is to overlay the image or kpi card and then change the color when no data found. See attached, it has two pages, one with a text message and one with image, change it as per your requirement.

Check my latest blog post Year-2020, Pandemic, Power BI and Beyond to get a summary of my favourite Power BI feature releases in 2020

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Galat198 do you think something like this will work

No data found.gif

@parry2k  How do you do that ?? Maybe instead of "No Data Found " possible to insert another text or any image .....?

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Galat198 , if you try to replace measure value with some text, it will become a text measure. And will create a problem. As of now, I doubt you have any option for that.

@amitchandak  Maybe it is possible to dynamically change this visual?

@Galat198 , that is possible using bookmark. But I doubt you can switch bookmark based on value.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.