Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

SaadUllah

How to find average from a group of people in a single column

Hi all,

I am trying to transform a dataset where I have groups in a column like this

SaadUllah_0-1650303687996.png

I don't have a column where it is stated how many issues each group has resolved. However on the visualizations / report tab I am able to see how many resolutions are against each group like this

SaadUllah_1-1650303868773.png

Now from that I want to take out an average of each group and assign individual values to each member. What I am looking for is sth like this

If a group named abc has resolved 120 issues so each member must get 40 issues resolution against it

Prior

abc 120

After

a 40

b 40

c 40

@amitchandak @truptis your help would be very much appreciated. I would be highly obliged. Thank You

2 REPLIES 2
fhill
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Is 'Custom' just the names or a mix of Group & Name?  Where are the 'group names/numbers' you want to average by?  Also, is the 120 resolutions a data column somewhere, or are you linking to a table of tickets by some JOIN?

Did I answer your question, or help you along the way?
Please give Kudos or Mark as a Solution!

https://www.linkedin.com/in/forrest-hill-04480730/

Proud to give back to the community!
Thank You!

Custom is just the names. If there is more than one name I am taking it as a group. I want these names to be individually listed down against the average number of ticket resolution. No there is no data column. I linked the names with a month column which gives me number of resolutions in a visualization graph.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.