Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

agus_muhdiaji
Frequent Visitor

How to filter & measure multiple values in a row

Hi All,
I have a data in csv format from google from and there are several question with multiple answer. For example, a question with multiple choice (food, drink, candy, etc) and then a respondent select food, drink, and etc. so the result in csv became food; drink; etc for one respondent in one row and one column. There are many respondent who answer like that. How to filter and measure it? I have tried to do it with delimit the answer in a new table, but i think if i want to update the data and then the values will not updating because those are in diffrent table. Please help and provide any DAX can be use for it.
Thank you
5 REPLIES 5
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@agus_muhdiaji Can you share sample data and sample output.

Hi @amitchandak 

this is my data 

geaqrq.JPG

Those are multiple answer or in the google forms we can say multiple checkbox. I want to put the column 2 in the graph and without delimited in a new table so i can update the data.

@agus_muhdiaji ,

In edit query/data transformation mode you have the option to split the column into rows. Use that

refer : https://www.tutorialgateway.org/how-to-split-columns-in-power-bi/

@amitchandak
Oh okay. if i use that option and then i want to update the data, need to use that option again? Or it will be automatically?

And one more question for the same data. How to filter the outside values in the query or in the graph? For example, televisi is main values and others are outside values or etc

@agus_muhdiaji , Any transformation created in data Transformation should repeat with new data. The Data you do not want take for analysis should also be filtered here. You can create a new column using the text function in M -https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerquery-m/text-functions

Later you can create a new column and measure using DAX and you can use slicer or visual level or page level filters.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.