Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cortana
Helper III
Helper III

How to export slicer selection name as a (.csv) using Power Automate?

I was able to send filtered data in powerBI report using Power Automate. It gives me an excel file as I wanted.

Besides that, I want the names of the applied filter in another excel file. For example, say I have a report in which there are two slicers- Country & Year. So if I select Country = Egypt & Year=2018 and then send this data, it will give me an additional excel file like this-

CountryEgypt
Year2018

Is it doable?

5 REPLIES 5
HavenerTed
Frequent Visitor

Hello, I also have a similar issue. My data exports based on the selections just fine using Power Automate. However, I Want the fields selected to be included in the name of the file export so that users are not confused and it can limit the amount of work they have to do when I export. Every time I place the data field into the automate file name it just clears it out but still runs.

Hoping there is a way to name it. Seems like there should be.

BigDaddyLinda
Frequent Visitor

@Cortana How do you get filtered data in Excel? I can send an excel in email but I can't get the slicer to filter the data.

Were you able to do it?

Yes, it turns out that the exported data is filtered automatically.

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Cortana ,

I have found a similar post, please refer to it to see if it helps you.

Solved: Extract Power BI content using Power Automate / Fl... - Power Platform Community (microsoft....

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.