Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

redalert787
Helper II
Helper II

How to enter weekly comments about business in a dashboard

Hello, 

I have a general question about power BI. Either in the desktop or in the Power BI service, is it possible to enter comments and pictures of what happened in a centralized way for all users with each weekly or monthly view?

Let me give some context into what I am trying to answer:

I work in a consumer goods business and we track our business at a weekly level. When we compare our sales to last year, it would be super helpful to have a centralized place in the dashboard when you are looking at this weeks figures to see comments on what exactly happened last year that caused the sales that happened. 

For example, when I look at this week and it shows that we did 10$ million and it was +10% over last year, there would be a little box that I could click on that would show that last year the business situation was so and so for each aspect of the business (Eg. Supply low, customer traffic to website low, marketing event etc). 

Thanks, 

Ardi 

1 REPLY 1
NickolajJessen
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Not something i have a lot of experiance in, but here's my take.

Power Bi isn't great at write-back, but you do have some options at least.
One options is to create a small PowerApp and integrate the PowerApp into your report for an easy writeback feature. Another option is a throw in a hyperlink to a sharepoint list, where you are able to type comments, which you will then connect to via Power Bi desktop as a datasource.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.