Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rajendraongole1
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

How to enable optional filter option in paginated reports

Dear All,

I have created a paginated report by connecting DB, created 3 different parameters to slice the table data in my report.

currently to execute the report, i have to select all 3 slicers mandatory and then report is executing but i am looking for any possiblity to enable even if i am not selecting the parameters to execute the report? (Like Optional) with all parameters enabled?

Approaches i tried:

I tried with default values from parameter and also created new dataset it is not working. Please suggest if there is any approach to enable the parameters as optional to get the table data?

Regards,

Rajendra

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@rajendraongole1 and check this video too:

Learn how you can use Single Select Parameter with ALL Option in the Paginated Reports - Power BI - ...

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@rajendraongole1 and check this video too:

Learn how you can use Single Select Parameter with ALL Option in the Paginated Reports - Power BI - ...

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@rajendraongole1 there are many ways to achieve this, I'm sure this video on my YT channel will help you to achieve what you are looking for, you might need some tweaking but will get you started

Filter Power BI dataset using wildcard characters in Power BI paginated report parameters - YouTube

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.