Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

beaconfbb
Regular Visitor

How to delete a datasource

Hi All,

I want to delete a datasource from my desktop report. I have two and it always defaults to the first one, i followed the link below but still it is not working

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-delete-a-datasource-from-my-report/m-p/1662975#M6647...

Please see the attached image

Capture.PNG

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @beaconfbb 

In desktop view , click for the data model , and then click the “Delete from model” , you can directly delete the data model, including the records in the data source settings .

Ailsamsft_0-1626079500991.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

@Syndicate_Admin thank you very much, your advice helped, my problem was solved,

In my case, 2 folders were duplicated, and when I selected the same path, one was automatically deleted.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @beaconfbb 

In desktop view , click for the data model , and then click the “Delete from model” , you can directly delete the data model, including the records in the data source settings .

Ailsamsft_0-1626079500991.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Shahfaisal
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I usually right-click and the data source, click on "change source" and provide the same information as the other data source and Power BI removes one of them.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.