Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to create different filters for different date columns?

Hi All,

In my dataset I have different date columns like: Application_Started, Processing_Started, Clear_To_Close , Docs_Out_date etc..

I am interested in pulling data for current month only, so I need to count number of application started this month using Application_Started column, number of application processesed using Processing_Started column and number of completed application using Docs_Out_date. 

For this I created a column, named Current_Month, and placed it in a Page level filter.

Current_Month = IF(YEAR(Encom[Docs_Out_Date].[Date]) = YEAR(TODAY()) && MONTH(Encom[Docs_Out_Date].[Date]) = MONTH(TODAY()),1,0)..

Now problem is, it is showing correct count (count for this month only) for Docs_Out_Date column which I am using to find number of application completed, but it is showing wrong count for Application_Started column which I am using to count number of application started.

I guess because I have used current_month column as a page filter using Docs_Out_Date only, but I cannot keep multiple filters for each column, as it is giving wrong counts.

Any suggestion please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved, welcome to share your solution or accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that more people will find workaround easily.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

What about creating a Calendar table for your scenario? Then you could create a filter with the date in Calendar table.

Here is a similar thread you could have a reference.

Best Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cherry, Thanks, I appreciate you reply.

Yes I am doing Calendar visualization, so now the problem is I am not getting value for each day in the calendar visual but those days in the calendar are just highlighted though in the card I am getting correct value.

My DAX query is:

Loans_Closed = TOTALMTD([Loan Count], Encom[Docs_Out_Date])

It is showing correct value in the card visual.

But in calendar visual, nothing has been shown.

Please let me know how can I show count in the calendar visual for each day whenever there is an event. (Please refer to the below picture)

Capture.JPG

Hi @Anonymous,

It seems that you're using the custom visual Custom Calendar by Akvelon.

By my test with this custom visual, this visual may not show the count, it only show the color for different metrics.

For your requirement, you could try with another custom visual  Beyondsoft Calendar Custom Visual which has the Measure Filed.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your suggestion, will try another visualizations too.

Hi @Anonymous,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved, welcome to share your solution or accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that more people will find workaround easily.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.